We saw that young women excelled beyond their male counterparts in entrepreneurship classes, yet represented only a fraction of the total number of students pursuing or exploring entrepreneurship. We called 600 women entrepreneurs, investors and changemakers and asked them why young women aren't jumping in. They all responded with some version of: confidence. When we dug deeper, we found a study that spanned 48 countries and proved that the disparity in confidence between men and women is not confined to one country or culture. It’s not a characteristic of just the developed or undeveloped world. It’s universal.
WE DECIDED TO CHANGE THAT.
Helping a young woman feel truly confident is a complicated and multi-faceted endeavor and we believe that it starts with asking better questions. We guide our young women through intimate, engaging (and highly challenging) workshops on topics such as:
- Defining the woman you aspire to be
- Creating a personalized compass to aid in making bold decisions and taking meaningful actions
- Aligning passions and strengths, defining impact and reverse engineering your career
- The scientific roots of motivation (of self and others) and its impact on brain and body
- The simple formula for more effective communication
- A toolkit to foster mental resilience and maintain a healthy mindset
- Learning to listen, connect the dots and speak persuasively and with integrity
This course is designed specifically to allow young women to gather together on this journey, because doing it alone is not only intimidating, but also way less inspiring. Since our launch at the Women's Entrepreneurship Day Celebration at the United Nations in 2015, this course continues to awaken young women to their infinite potential, resilience, creativity and voice and we’re thrilled to be hosting our first spring break immersion program in 2018!
What's it like? Let OUR alums tell you!
This video was created by our alums, simply because they wanted to capture the significance of this experience for you, the next group of young women leaders who will go on this journey. Thank you @AmberGTL and the ladies of week one for your honesty, vulnerability and passion. You inspire us!!